||To provide a detailed review and assessment of the health hazards associated with swimming pool waters.
- International regulations and WHO guidelines on pool and spa management.
- Microbiological and chemical quality of water.
- Transmission of infections as a result of chemical quality of pool water.
- Air quality in indoor pools.
- Sanitary inspection.
- Inspection of design.
- The use of a checklist for quick evaluation.
- Occupational health & safety in the pools.
- Special issues for spa waters and pools used for therapy.
||On completing the module trainees will be equipped with the skills to control, manage and evaluate pool and spa facilities.